Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 26, 2023, 08:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I was pumped when they announced Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.  It's now out, we saw it, and it was spectacular.

In my opinion, the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was a heavy hitter and one of Marvel's strongest movies in awhile.  Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was a strong showing, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was well done, Spider-Man: No Way Home was massive, and let's not forget several of the Disney+ Series as well as other strong titles such as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

It's hard for me to say it's better than all the others, so I will refrain from that.  However, it's an amazing movie.    No Spoilers on this round as well  ;D

Who has seen this movie?  what are your thoughts?  Post it up!

BLUEVOODU

CreepinDeth

Meant to go see it and just too many things came up. I think at this point going to wait for Disney+.

I've seen some reviews about it but didn't get too deep into them so that I can go in fresh.

retro junkie

Looking forward to this when it hits Disney+. We presently do not have a local theatre, new owners, will reopen soon.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

one of our theaters recently closed.   It was a Carmike that was bought by AMC... but Covid took it's toll.  Hopefully it will hit D+ soon.

Grindspine

The Carmike off Diebold closed? sucky... I liked that theater. I went to the one at Jefferson & the Regal on Washington a lot too though.

Did you ever notice that it is Quantumania?

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Grindspine on April 21, 2023, 09:54:51 PMThe Carmike off Diebold closed? sucky... I liked that theater. I went to the one at Jefferson & the Regal on Washington a lot too though.

Did you ever notice that it is Quantumania?

LOL... did you come up with that @Grindspine ?

and yeah... Carmike closed.  It sucks... but not too shocked.  The movie industry took a bit hit with Covid.  However, many others were able to keep alive.  I feel if they could've survived until this year, they could've caught back up. 

btw... there seems to be a lot of people down on Quantumania.  I'm not exactly sure why...

CreepinDeth

Finally saw it this weekend. Overall, on its' own, it felt like the worst of the Ant-Man trilogy but the implications for the MCU are MASSIVE! Definitely required viewing just because of that. And just to be clear, I don't think it's a horrible movie, just a little weak. I think the dialogue was a little rough and a lot of it fell flat for me but it still had some really good moments.

Spoiler: ShowHide
It subverted my expectations. I fully thought Cassie was going to take over the movie but they kept her as the young hero still learning and accepting that, which was nice. I also hope other movies touch on Kang's origin and powers. The movie did a great job showing how powerful he is but not really explaining why (or what) he is.

BLUEVOODU

I really like the movie.  The Darren part was sort-of weird... it was funny... but it was a bit weird. I agree with what you thought... I sort-of thought the same things.  At the same time, I wasn't sure where they were going with the movie.

There were a few other parts I thought didn't make a lot of sense... but I figured that followed along with the Quantum Realm being an odd place.

Implications are massive for sure....

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more