Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Echo - Disney+

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 14, 2024, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

All episodes are now streaming for Echo on Disney+.  In fact, all episodes were streaming from day 1... something Disney doesn't always do.

Echo was introduced in and picks up where Hawkeye left off.  The series follows the character and shows us a bit more into their story and life and

Spoiler: ShowHide
more is revealed of Kingpin's story with Echo.

This series received a mature rating and is definitely more dark and gritty. 

Who checked this out?  Thoughts, comments?  Post it up!

Grindspine

It is a great binge series.

Like you said, Echo (Maya) is introduced in Hawkeye, so revisiting Hawkeye prior to watching is a good idea.

I really like how the hearing aid issues introduced in Hawkeye are taken further with Maya's deafness. The mythos from the Choctaw nation added some more depth to the story as well. As is par for Marvel series, the action sequences are excellent and each character gets a fair amount of backstory. I'd recommend the series for a binge watch.

CreepinDeth

Thoroughly enjoyed it. That first fight scene gave me nostalgia from the first season of Daredevil.

The only thing I'm kind of still wondering about though is

Why does Kingpin care so much about Maya? Seems like he just instantly took to her but why? Maybe I missed something in Hawkeye.

I think it could've used one more epic fight scene somewhere in the middle of the season but still a solid show.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth
yeah... I'm not sure.  I personally chalked it up to his psychopathic nature... and seeing something to "use."  IE seeing her as an object.  I'm not sure he really took to her... but it's more of a control to keep her close because he sees her potential.

I did not watch Daredevil either.  I See it on Disney+ ... but haven't cracked it yet.  A couple of those other side series were Meh and we turned them off.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on January 23, 2024, 07:54:22 PM@CreepinDeth
yeah... I'm not sure.  I personally chalked it up to his psychopathic nature... and seeing something to "use."  IE seeing her as an object.  I'm not sure he really took to her... but it's more of a control to keep her close because he sees her potential.

Yeah, I can see that. Makes sense.

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on January 23, 2024, 07:54:22 PMI did not watch Daredevil either.  I See it on Disney+ ... but haven't cracked it yet.  A couple of those other side series were Meh and we turned them off.

I definitely recommend it. The best of the Netflix shows by far and now that it's officially canon I'm going to rewatch it again.

BLUEVOODU

Dangit @CreepinDeth ok... Adding it to the backlog naow!  Thank you for the reference... might have to create a topic  ;D