Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Loki Season 2 - Here we go!

Started by BLUEVOODU, October 06, 2023, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Alright... I'm super pumped for this.  Hard to believe all that time has passed since Loki was originally airing.  NOW... Loki Season 2 is here!

Who is pumped!?  What are you looking for in this season?

Thoughts, comments... post it up!

retro junkie

The first episode was very good! My Daughter and I have been eagerly waiting for this. It is really the only thing that Disney is doing awesome as a series right now. We are here for the ride. And looking forward to see where they take us.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Finally saw the first episode and it was a great start. It felt more like a Season Finale than a Season Premiere.

I'm really hoping that by the end it ties into one of the movies properly.

BLUEVOODU

It really did seem more like a season finale.   Episode 2 was pretty great as well. I'm a bit confused by a couple event, but went back to season 1 to see if I could figure some of those pieces out.

I probably should've prepped by re-watching season 1 beforehand. 

retro junkie

watched episode 2 last night........................

oh...this is so good........
there is no spoon

Grindspine

The Loki series is delivering. I wasn't too impressed with Secret Invasion. It wasn't terrible, but didn't have the same intrigue as Loki does so far.

CreepinDeth

Caught up on Episode 2 and ya'll were right, it delivered.

I think what's making this stand out more than the other series is that it feels a lot more self-contained with potential nuggets for other shows/movies to tie in.

I think that's what made Captain America: Winter Soldier so good. It can stand on its own without relying on the overall Thanos narrative to intrude but still had major implications to it.

BLUEVOODU

Getting ready for Episode 5... Episode 4 was pretty awesome.  What did you think about episode 4?

I hope we get more Captain America: Winter Soldier!

BLUEVOODU

I was sad to see Loki episode 6 was the season finale.  However, this show went out with a bang.

Did anyone check it out?  Just finished watching it. 

retro junkie

Wow, sure did. This is one of the best series on Disney+. This will be visited again, and a must own on DVD when released. Very satisfied....
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

What a great finale. Tom Hiddleston was just perfect casting for Loki. Can't believe all these movies over the years finally lead to this.

I look forward to Phase 5.

retro junkie

Loki has just rewritten the time lines of the MCU. He became the God of stories as he did in the comics. He has become more powerful than what he was.
there is no spoon

Grindspine

Yggdrasil... cool!  ;D

Nope, I didn't just have a stroke. That was a huge reference to Norse mythology.

BLUEVOODU

Lol of course @Grindspine

I wish they didn't cap this at 6 episodes again.  Honestly, they resolved everything well in those 6 episodes. They were also able to display their special effects several times lol.  "We just paid for this... keep replaying the effects!"

I'm interested in how the resolution will tie into future events.