Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

The Acolyte - New Star Wars Series on Disney+

Started by BLUEVOODU, June 12, 2024, 01:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

We started watching The Acolyte last week on Disney+.  This is a new Star Wars series that is ... I believe 100 years before Star Wars The Phantom Menace.

So far, this series started off pretty cool.  It's interesting how they portray certain aspects in certain light... but I won't spoil it right now.

Is anyone else watching?  Thoughts, comments... post it up!

BLUEVOODU

The acolyte just finished up.  Not sure I was a big fan of this series. I thought it started off interesting, but just not sure that I dug how it ended up.  Trying to keep an open mind on this one.

What are your thoughts?  Any one else check this out?

targetrasp

It was watchable but I did fall asleep at least 6 times trying to make it through the first season. The plot didn't add much to the mythos and the whole thing seemed really insignificant to the time lime. There was a semi expected tease at the end that I'd love to see fleshed out but I'm betting there wasn't enough love for this series to merit a second offering.

As of this writing its 80% critics score vs 17% audience on rottentomatoes. People don't seem impressed.

BLUEVOODU

Considering they used Trinity... I had higher hopes for the series.  The cookie Jedi was cool... and they really did kill off a significant number of Jedi in the series.

I didn't look at the negative comments, but my guess is that some of the negative comments revolve around the portrayal of the Jedi. 

Spoiler: ShowHide
I couldn't figure out why Sol killed their mother.  Unless he thought she was attacking or something... just not what Jedi do. I mean, they did start messing with their padewan's mind... but didn't "hurt" him.

mastermario

Some good things, mostly bad things. So much potential but it was wasted. I say good riddance. Maybe this will be a wake-up call to Disney to do better?