Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mandalorian Season 3 - D+

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 21, 2023, 07:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Alright... has anyone been watching?  So far, this season started out great. I think we are at episode 3 now.  Good story, always aweome... I Want more.

Who's watching? thoughts, comments, post it up!

CreepinDeth

Thought the first episode was not great. Episodes 2 & 3 were much better. I hope it stays that way.

The whole mandalorian religion story line is testing my patience, lol. But looks like that might be resolved this season.  :)

retro junkie

I really sort-of gave up on this series during the first season. It was just something that did not grab my attention. The storyline did not pull me in. Not sure what I was looking for. Not sure why but it did not have the twist that made want to come back.

it is the way......
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

The 1st season was just what it is.  I don't know.  It wasn't my favorite... but I liked it later on in the season.

I really like season 2 and 3.  Did you give those a shot?

Grindspine

Dude... Bo Katan is awesome.

If anyone hasn't seen the last few episodes of The Clone Wars animated series or missed Rebels, you've missed a massive backstory. Bo Katan and her family are central to the story of Mandalore. I am so glad that they were able to get Katie Sackhoff to play the live action Bo Katan after she did the voice acting for both The Clone Wars and Rebels.

In the most recent episode, did anyone catch a certain Lasan character who may have been a crew member of the Ghost?

CreepinDeth

After watching the latest episode, I like that it's now focusing on Mandalorians more and shifting away from Grogu. I'm sure he'll have a big part later but the way this episode ended got me a little hyped, not going to lie.

Except for the Moff Gideon stuff. Seemed a bit forced on that cliff hanger. We'll see how it turns out.

CreepinDeth

Back to back posts!

This last episode (7) was really good in my opinion. They're setting up big things and I suspect it will spill over to the Ahsoka series.

Spoiler: ShowHide
The new Dark Troopers are pretty cool. Hopefully they get used a lot more in further SW stuff.

BLUEVOODU

no... no ... no no no no  ;D

The last episode was amazing... I really like where they are going with this season.   

you know... it was a bit interesting to see the Elite Praetorian Guards take down Paz with their weapons.  There must've been armor damage or something... but the 1 weapon went right through the front.  I was a bit baffled at that.

CreepinDeth

Season Finale!!

Alright, that episode made up for a lot of the jankiness of this season. Really strong ending.

This did the whole homage to the original trilogy better than the Episode 7. Felt much more organic and not as forced.

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on April 17, 2023, 01:04:01 PMno... no ... no no no no  ;D

The last episode was amazing... I really like where they are going with this season.

lol, hard for me to argue. It was definitely a solid episode.

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on April 17, 2023, 01:04:01 PM
you know... it was a bit interesting to see the Elite Praetorian Guards take down Paz with their weapons.  There must've been armor damage or something... but the 1 weapon went right through the front.  I was a bit baffled at that.

Probably some special Mandalore item

Grindspine

You'll notice, if you rewatch the action scenes that:

both the praetorian guards and any Mandolorian kill shots were aimed at weak points in the armor; the neck & shoulder joints

CreepinDeth

Quote from: Grindspine on April 21, 2023, 09:52:33 PM
both the praetorian guards and any Mandolorian kill shots were aimed at weak points in the armor; the neck & shoulder joints

Seeing Din Djarin shank fools in the throat was peak star wars for me.  :happydance:

Grindspine

I really enjoyed that live-action Bo Katan (Katee Sackhoff) was the same voice actor from Clone Wars and Rebels. She killed it playing that part! I liked how the story went back to so much of the actual Mandalore storyline, but I saw that some bad reviews started coming out as soon as Grogu (aka baby Yoda) wasn't the focus.

The series really did try to have some stuff to please all fans. I get the impression that long-time fans of the animated series were more impressed with the Mandalore storyline.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on April 22, 2023, 12:08:56 AM
Seeing Din Djarin shank fools in the throat was peak star wars for me.  :happydance:

LOL  ;D  it was a sight to behold!

with Grogu getting between fights, I wonder how that'll affect the Mandalorian in the future. Or does  Grogu deem that ok?  others can not fight with each other, but it's ok for the Mandalorian to go and fight or bounty hunt.

mastermario

The season was good but I was hoping for that "OMG did that just happen?!?!" moment at the end like they've been doing for most of the Star Wars shows and was a little disappointed it didn't really happen. Overall it was fine though.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more