Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Started by BLUEVOODU, May 10, 2023, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3... and wow... what a movie.  It hits the emotions hard, but is also a great showing for Guardians.  It also appears to be the last one.  IMO they left it open for more if they wanted to do it.  I thought the movie was great... really liked it, though there are many scenes that are hard to watch.

Before commenting more... who saw the movie?  what are your thoughts?

Post it up!

BLUEVOODU

No one else saw this?

It's crazy to think The original Guardians of the Galaxy was released in 2014... time sure went fast.  I remember watching the original like it was yesterday and we went with the original movie crew (now everyone has moved away). lol... man  time sure goes fast
@Grindspine @mastermario @SpartanEvolved (et all).

retro junkie

I haven't yet. It is on my "to do" list.

We still do not have a local theatre.

DIsney+ will need to put it up for viewing.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie   I hear you... there are a couple movies we missed... IE the Mario Movie.  Thankfully we still have a few theaters still open.  It's just been insanely busy the last few months.

Grindspine

I might see it if it drops on Disney Plus.

CreepinDeth

It's been really difficult lately to get to the theater. Just been working and then not feeling like going out from being mentally spent. Looks like this will be another Disney+ watch for me.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on June 22, 2023, 11:50:26 PMIt's been really difficult lately to get to the theater. Just been working and then not feeling like going out from being mentally spent. Looks like this will be another Disney+ watch for me.
@CreepinDeth - yeah ... I'm in the same boat right now.  We are launching a product and the last 8-9 months have been very busy.

mastermario

mastermario

I saw it. It was good. But it was hard to watch in parts which is why I and many others will probably never watch it again.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Like, even torturing and killing off CGI animals is so painful because they gave all of them believable souls. Re-watchability should be strongly considered in movies like this because I know I'm not alone in my opinion and the movie probably could have done better without some of the more graphic details. But my understanding is that it was as bad or worse in the comics so at least they stuck to it I guess.