Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Steam Deck - The Nintendo Switch Killer?

Started by CreepinDeth, July 15, 2021, 11:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I need to use this more. I cleaned up stuff around Thanksgiving and my Steam Deck stayed in a drawer since then.  It's now out and charging LOL...  Not sure how I forgot about it  :o   However, time to play  :great:

@CreepinDeth --> I have to check into PPSSPP --> I've kept my Deck stock so far.  Same thing for me... trying to keep it Vanilla.  Curious though, why is PPSSPP your (or maybe your) preferred way to play?

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on January 17, 2023, 11:29:43 AM@CreepinDeth --> I have to check into PPSSPP --> I've kept my Deck stock so far.  Same thing for me... trying to keep it Vanilla.  Curious though, why is PPSSPP your (or maybe your) preferred way to play?

I like playing at higher resolutions than the PSP can output. Seeing these games on a bigger screen at higher resolutions made me appreciate the amount of details PSP developers crammed into such tiny games that you can't really see on the smaller screens. Daxter, The 3rd Birthday, GTA Liberty City Stores (just to name a few) look awesome.

I also like having a full-size thumbstick as opposed to the nub that comes with the PSP. It's way more comfortable for me. I can also use the back paddles as L and R instead of the top L1/R1 buttons.

I can hold way more games in my SD Card than I can on a standard PSP with their overpriced memory cards, and as much as I like UMDs, I don't have to swap them out whenever I switch games.

It's not perfect as there can be some bugs here and there. Not all games are emulated 100% so you might get some weird hiccups on occasion on certain games but it's not enough for me to not use it.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more