Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Biomotor Unitron

Started by targetrasp, June 03, 2022, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I had no idea what a big game this was to SNK and NGPC fans. After watching some game play, I almost completely skipped over this title. I happen to bring it up to a Neo fan and I might as well have asked if he'd ever heard of Mario. After that reaction, I've changed my mind and will be trying this out.

Anyone else heard of this game, I can't be the only person with my head in the sand!

Here's hoping its good

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp Biomotor Unitron... is a game that took a lot of my time in the past and it was a lot of fun.  I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on it.   I'm  a bit surprised that @retro junkie didn't have a comment lol  ;D

It was definitely a unique take on crafting a "fighting Robot" with different materials...etc.  It was somewhat like leveling up a Pokemon and fighting "trainers..." crossed with unique aspects in crafting and making more powerful arms and weapons.

I'm surprised more haven't commented on this one!

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU this is one of the few games that I do not have for my Neo Geo pocket. There is the first and the second releases. The UK version would be the one to get. The game is very rare to find. But the Japanese version is readily available. I can only wish.  :(
It might be one of those games in which I set with my phone in hand with a translator and play the Japanese version. I have done that before with the Wonderswan handheld and the Nintendo 64.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

lol how did the translator work for you on those other games, @retro junkie ?  You have patience for sure.   Samurai Shodown RPG... was one game I wanted to play, but just didn't have the patience.  I don't think they ever came out with a English translation...  they might have by now though.

This game is definitely worth a play, I think you would like it @retro junkie   Now that it's on the Switch... you can just do that  ;D  If you do... you need to post up your thoughts!

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU i used the phone's camera and google translate to play Final Fantasy on my Wonderswan and compared it to the game on the Gameboy Advance FF. The Gameboy Advance game was missing some of the story. You just hold it over the dialogue and the phone translates. It worked for a N64 game I played one time too.  :))
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

lol @retro junkie that's awesome.

@targetrasp - alright... did you try it?  What are your thoughts?

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

finally got it, bout to start it up, will let you know how it goes

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on October 29, 2022, 02:34:24 PM
finally got it, bout to start it up, will let you know how it goes

YUS!!!!!  Do it!!   ;D

If you don't like it.. That says something about your character.  Just a fair warning  ;D

targetrasp

genesis mini 2 just came in the mail, this may get pushed back in the queue - game backlog is a FILO stack

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on November 03, 2022, 10:55:24 AM
genesis mini 2 just came in the mail, this may get pushed back in the queue - game backlog is a FILO stack

@targetrasp come on man... play it!  play the game!  Do it Naow!

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

Chained Echoes got in the way.

maybe in 2023...

BLUEVOODU

SO... @targetrasp 2023... come on man...

You cannot view this attachment.

targetrasp

bio-what? At this point it's all but forgotten!

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp you take it back!!  Come on.man, you gotta play it!

It was a great game!  :great:

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp - you're killing me here. Did you play it?

@retro junkie - will this game ever be on your list?

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU to be honest, I have forgotten about this game. It is still a bit pricey even for the Japanese version, which is the best option. Not sure when, but maybe it will be in my sights some day.
(right now I am playing a bullet hell shooter on the NES)  :happydance:
there is no spoon

targetrasp

its amazing how long a game can stay in the backlog.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on November 27, 2023, 08:16:37 AMits amazing how long a game can stay in the backlog.

Dude!  Come on @targetrasp lol!!  Seriously!!??  This one you have to play