Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Firewatch on Steam

Started by Grindspine, January 14, 2024, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

Firewatch is 90% off on Steam for $1.99 (plus tax).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/383870/Firewatch/

I played a good chunk of the game yesterday. It makes for a great narrative-driven game. Graphics sound, and voice acting are all great. The play controls can be a little bit finnicky when trying to find a rope attachment point to climb down a ledge.

Overall, definitely worth $2.

BLUEVOODU

I checked this game out... it looks decently made and quite possible peaceful?    Checking out the videos (without vetting gameplay)... it really seems like it would be worth checking out... especially for $2.

Speaking of Gameplay ... Did you end up finding the rope OR did you miss it? lol  ;D

CreepinDeth

I started this game a while back but stopped. Meant to go back to it. It's from the same people who worked on The Walking Dead Season 1 from Telltale. I definitely liked what I did play. I had about 4 hours into it I think?

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on January 25, 2024, 10:33:31 PMI started this game a while back but stopped. Meant to go back to it. It's from the same people who worked on The Walking Dead Season 1 from Telltale. I definitely liked what I did play. I had about 4 hours into it I think?
That makes sense.  Now that you wrote the above... that's exactly why it looked familiar.  I was trying to place it... well, you helped me place it LOL.  :great:

I think I will check this game out.  It has Steam Deck compatibility... and I see to be playing most of my Steam games on Deck lately.

Grindspine

It was a pleasant, but short game. I think that I pretty much beat it in three sittings over a weekend. There are only 10 achievements to acquire. Overall, it is a decent story; I definitely found myself wondering what was going to happen next.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more