Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mysterious Benedict Society - D+

Started by BLUEVOODU, December 16, 2022, 09:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

We happened to stumble onto this show on Disney+.  It's about a band of special kids solving a problem in somewhat of an intellectual way.  In Season 1, they have to face an "emergency."  It is interesting as there are tie-ins with how the world seems to be during the pandemic and even "post" pandemic (not in pandemic / disease topics).

While it is a younger show, we thought it was well written and acted.   Has anyone else checked this out?

retro junkie

YES!! I thought it was very good and well done. Loved every minute of it. I was taken by surprise, never heard of it before. It was taken from a book series. I hope they continue with this into another season or two. As of right now Disney has renewed it for a second season.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on December 16, 2022, 02:32:03 PM
YES!! I thought it was very good and well done. Loved every minute of it. I was taken by surprise, never heard of it before. It was taken from a book series. I hope they continue with this into another season or two. As of right now Disney has renewed it for a second season.
Agreed!  We stumbled across it on accident.  It was a wonderful surprise.  The acting was well done... Constance is the favorite character for us.  The same guy (Tony Hale) playing the bad and good guy does a superb job.  Absolutely amazing.

Grindspine

I really thought that you were giving it a grade of D+ and dismissed it as not worth watching. I will have to follow-up on that!

BLUEVOODU

Well Hopefully you all had a chance to check this out.  We were going to rewatch a few episodes... however, it's been removed from Disney+.

I missed this announcement.  Several other shows have also been removed.  Not sure I like that, but it doesn't matter.  This was also a good show.

They also removed " The World According to Jeff Goldblum..." which I thought was a decent show. 

What's up, D+??  Thoughts, comments... post it up!

Grindspine

Man, @BLUEVOODU, you've got to stop putting D+ in post titles. It makes me think that you are rating all these shows as barely watchable!

I will check the other thread to see if you finished Ahsoka.