Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Binge-Watching Shows - 2024 edition

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 21, 2024, 03:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Someone noted the 2022 topic was old.  So in with the new!  Welcome to the Binge-Watching Shows - 2024 edition topic. 

By request, the new topic is started!   What are you binge-watching in 2024?

Comments, thoughts... post it up!

BLUEVOODU

To kick this off - we have been watching Star Wars Rebels on Disney+. What a great series.

BLUEVOODU

Now that we finished Rebels... I think it's time to start DareDevil... Thanks to @CreepinDeth

retro junkie

I got the first three seasons of Deep Space Nine for Christmas. So, that is what I am presently watching.  :happydance:
there is no spoon

Grindspine

Rebels was great. What'd you think of it BV?

Deep Space Nine was one of the more difficult Star Trek shows for me. The political drama and stationary setting for many of the episodes did not intrigue me as much as Voyager, Enterprise, Next Generation, or Brave New Worlds.

retro junkie

My biggest problem, and it disturbs me, with any of the Star Trek series is when they run out of ideas they revert to a war that lasts for the rest of the series to a certain extent. Or they just don't know how to end it. Why can't it just end with things as being normal and let our imagination take it from there? At least the original series did not have this problem. Early seasons are always my favorite with any of the Star Trek TV franchises after the original series.

I have grown to appreciate "enterprise" and "Deep Space Nine" in my old age.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Grindspine on January 26, 2024, 08:36:40 PMRebels was great. What'd you think of it BV?

Dude... absolutely love it.  Probably our favorite of the series.  Chopper is also a favorite... a great highlight to the series... funny at every turn.

We are watching the series over again. I need to do the same with Clone Wars season 3 and later.  The ending was a but abrupt it seemed as well

CreepinDeth

Went back and rewatched Season 1 of the '90's X-Men animated series in preparation for X-Men '97 (which is fantastic, btw.)

I also went back and rewatched Season 1 of Daredevil. Still holds up. I'm now onto Season 2 of both shows.

targetrasp

X-men 97 has gone a long way in repairing some of my confidence in Disney's ability to progress beloved IPs. Going back and watching the 90s x-men series was great fun, except for the last little bit, the animation really fell off a cliff. Yay for budget cutting!

retro junkie

I have started watching each day an episode of the Bad Batch. I think that is what it is called, it is on Disney+. I am 2 episodes deep in to it and I am hooked.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

bad batch is great too.

The Resident just hit Netflix. I'm usually not a preechy Dr. drama fan but this one works for me. New Amsterdam is probably the only other recent one that I've put much time in. Nothing before or after has been able to touch House though.

Mai Valentine

The last few shows I binged were Medium, FBI, and NCIS: Hawaii.

Medium was great! FBI is still ongoing so I'm waiting weekly for new episodes on that now.

NCIS: Hawaii unfortunately got cancelled but it seems like at least some of the characters may get folded into other ongoing NCIS shows so I'm still watching those.

BLUEVOODU

Bad Batch... such a great show. 

When we were visiting family over the last couple months, we were watching NCIS Hawaii as well LOL... it was a decent series  :happydance:

Watching Acolyte now...

targetrasp

Acolyte... lots of hate out there for this one but I've found it watchable. Bottom tier Star Wars certainly, but watchable. If Disney was going to do a show from the High Republic Era, they should have gone Yoda.

CreepinDeth

Finished both the original X-Men: The Animated Series and X-Men '97.

X-Men '97 is an absolute must watch if you enjoy Marvel in general. It's probably the best thing to come out of their studios in a long time.

CreepinDeth

Finished Fallout. It was a solid show, so I'm glad there will be a season 2. I definitely recommend it even if you don't like the games.

Started on the final season of Cobra Kai only  to learn that this is only the first 3rd of the final season. How do you split up a season into 3 parts? Not a fan of that.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more