Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

A Blast From The Past, Blue Flashing Light!!

Started by retro junkie, July 24, 2024, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

This week I turned on my Wii because I remembered that I never have changed the internet settings to my present fiber optics. I haven't used the Wii that much since I have a Wii U to play Wii games. To my surprise, the very next day the disc slot is slowly flashing blue! I do not want to do anything to change this because this is like a ghost in the machine. I am not turning it on because I am afraid of losing this. This is retro warm fuzzies. I am going to get a back up Wii console just to take its place, maybe.
You cannot view this attachment.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

That's pretty cool @retro junkie.  In a different post, I mentioned how I missed that glow sometimes.  It could mean there was an update, a message, or several other things.    It was always interesting as the light would start glowing at night. I would see the glow of the light on the ceiling. 

This is pretty cool  :great:  dig the post.  I'm pretty curious on why it's glowing lol  ;D   Though I'm not telling you to check and to interrupt the light

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU lost it! We had some bad storms move through the area this past week and lost power for several hours. When everything went back up, no blue light. Sad.....................I guess I can go in and see what it was now.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Darth Vader no)  :o sorry man... that's a bit of a bummer. 

It probably an announcement from forever ago that they shut something off lol. The weather app was cool... you could see the weather around the globe.

Did you find what it was?

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU it was a note from Nintendo about how I can transfer all the Wii stuff to the Wii U. Must have been automated in some way. LOL
Hope I can do something to make it happen again.
Something really weird. I was able to go to the e-shop and download an app, skyward sword. It was the only thing on there. Something about saving your data.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on August 07, 2024, 01:57:31 PM@BLUEVOODU it was a note from Nintendo about how I can transfer all the Wii stuff to the Wii U. Must have been automated in some way. LOL
Hope I can do something to make it happen again.
Something really weird. I was able to go to the e-shop and download an app, skyward sword. It was the only thing on there. Something about saving your data.

LOL that's pretty crazy. Did the eshop still have the old eshop song?  And when you logged in, there was nothing else? Only the skyward sword?  Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that was still listed on there. I thought they shut it down ... down. 

Grindspine

I thought this was going to be a K-mart special!

It is too bad that virtual console support for Wii / Wii U / 3DS was abandoned by N. I would have liked to have eventually downloaded more games to my 3DS.

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU it still had that "eshop music." The only other thing that it had to download was the transfer app to use between the Wii and the Wii-U. I was surprised that there was anything to connect with at all. I expected a 404, or a "check your internet connection" type message.

@Grindspine I am thinking that this is the saddest part of the modern consoles that has internet access as a part of the gaming experience. When you have a console die on you and want to continue using one. You, as in  my case, go out, and find, purchase, and find that there is info lost. I had a Wii die on me. I never thought about it until after the fact. Not sure what I even had on that old one, game saves, game downloads. I do have a 3DS with game downloads which I treasure. I always liked independent publishers on the e-shop, good games.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie oh man... I still have my Wii. But the new tv doesn't have the proper connections and I haven't bother to try to figure it out.  However, if that died, I'd potentially lose TG16 games that I bought on the eshop waaayyy back in the day. I also bought Neo Geo games back on the eshop... Genesis / Megadrive... and more. 

Those were pretty cool days IMO